Living outside of our attendance boundaries?
Families living outside our attendance area can enroll by applying to Nixon through the GoCPS process. Out-of-cycle enrollment may be possible depending on available space. Please call (773) 534-4375 to learn more.
For questions and more information regarding Pre-K to 6 enrollment, please contact our main office at (773) 534-4375.
REMOTE REGISTRATION, ENROLLMENT AND TRANSFER GUIDANCE
As the district plans to potentially reopen school buildings this fall, we will continue to make the health and safety of our students and staff a top priority. CPS will continue to fulfill its obligation to register, enroll and transfer students within its attendance boundaries, while still encouraging social distancing. There are two options available to students and families who wish to enroll into, or transfer out of, a CPS school during this time:
- Electronic Enrollment/Withdrawal
- Parents submit copies of all necessary documents and forms electronically.
- For enrollment, when buildings are back open, the parent must submit the original documents.
- Contactless Enrollment/Withdrawal
- Parents need to contact the school to schedule an appointment by email (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com)
- Enrollment documents include: proof of the student’s age, proof of the family’s address within the school’s attendance boundaries, and proof of guardianship. (These documents are not required for students in temporary living situations.)
- Transfer documents include: a written request for a transfer from the student’s parent or legal guardian, and the name and location of the school to which the student is transferring.
- An administrator will review the documents and call the parent to complete the enrollment/transfer process over the phone.
- After the enrollment/transfer process is complete, administrators will arrange for the parent to come and pick up any original documents or student records that must be provided to the parent.
Electronic Enrollment/Withdrawal is the preferred method used, Contactless Enrollment/Withdrawal will be used when a family is unable to perform the necessary tasks electronically. We understand these encounters to be low risk from a health perspective, as long as participants observe guidance around social distancing, handwashing, covering coughs, not touching their face, and staying home when they're sick.
As always, we thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we work to evolve our plans and resources in an effort to slow this pandemic.
REGISTRATION/ENROLLMENT FILLABLE FORMS / RESOURCES:
To help ensure that we have the most current contact information for all students, we ask parents to update their School Enrollment and Request for Emergency and Health Information Forms at the beginning of the school year. We will have a drop off station at each main entrance.
Please note: All forms must have an original parent/guardian signature, an electronic signature is not acceptable. By signing these documents, the parent/guardian certifies that they are authorized to complete the documents, and the information provided is true and accurate. You may have to download and print the forms.
- School Enrollment Form (English / Spanish / Polish)
- *Request for Emergency and Health Information (English / Spanish / Polish)
- *School Messaging Consent Form (English / Spanish / Polish)
- *Media Consent Form and Release (English / Spanish / Polish)
*CPS Student Health Forms – Booklet ( English / Spanish)
- 2020/2021 Minimum Health Requirements for School (English / Spanish)
- Student Medical Information Form (English / Spanish)
- Health Insurance and SNAP/Food Stamps Enrollment Information (English / Spanish)
- Dental Exam Consent (Participating Schools only) (English / Spanish)
- Vision Exam Consent (English / Spanish)
- Healthcare Provider Statement for Food Substitution Form (English / Spanish)
- Request for Emergency and Health Information (English / Spanish / Polish)
- School Messaging Consent Form (English / Spanish / Polish)
- Media Consent Form and Release (English / Spanish / Polish)
- Family Income and Information Form (English/Spanish)
To enroll in Preschool, all families apply through CPS’ Ready-to-Learn PreK process in the spring. Out of cycle enrollment may be possible depending on available space. Please call (773) 534-4375 to learn more.